We’ve all been fooled before, but all signs point to WWE finally inching slowly toward revisiting the Sasha Banks/Bayley feud that changed the game in 2015.
The latest step happened last night (Aug. 30) at Payback when the duo dropped the Women’s Tag Team titles to Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax. Sasha was involved in the (fantastic) finish that saw her lose the last of her #TwoBeltz, but it was Bayley who technically submitted to Baszler.
It’s a point The Boss wants to make very clear today…
The still-SmackDown Women’s champ responded, but it looks like she ran out of arguments in the fallout video embedded above this post:
Beyond just how the Golden Role Models became former WWE Women’s Tag champs again, there’s not much Bayley Uno Strap can saw. Take a look who was responsible for the decision in all the title bout of the besties second reign…
- Sasha pinned Nikki Cross on the June 5 SmackDown to win the titles
- Sasha rolled up Alexa Bliss to retain the titles at Backlash
- Sasha made Shotzi Blackheart tap with the Banks Statement to retain the titles on the June 17 NXT
- Sasha made Peyton Royce tap with the Banks Statement to retain the titles on the June 22 Raw
- Sasha made Kairi Sane tap with the Banks Statement to retain the titles on the July 13 Raw
Their brief first run wasn’t as one-sided (Banks made Sonya Deville tap to become the first champs at Elimination Chamber; Bayley pinned Jax at Fastlane), but it did end when the team member who isn’t Sasha was pinned by Royce at WrestleMania 35.
We’ll see if this stops Bayley from running her mouth about Banks’ inability to defend the Raw Women’s title. Somehow, I doubt it.