The Windsor Essex County Health Unit announced 99 new cases of COVID-19 in Windsor and Essex County on Friday, bringing the local total to 11,546.
Today’s New Cases
Cases increased from 11,447 on Thursday January 21st to 11,546 on Friday January 22nd and 1,990 cases of COVID-19 are currently active in Windsor-Essex.
Article Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
The Health Unit says 11 cases are close contacts of confirmed cases, 11 cases are outbreak-related, 1 case is community acquired, and 76 cases are still being investigated by the Health Unit’s nursing staff.
The Health Unit lists 9,268 total resolved cases.
That’s an increase of 317 resolved cases today.
There have been 8 new deaths from COVID-19 today bringing the local death toll to 288.
The Health Unit says:
- 5 are from long-term care and retirement homes
- A man in his 70’s
- A woman in her 80’s
- Two men and a woman in their 90’s
- 3 are from the community
- A man in his 60’s
- A man and a woman in their 80’s
The Health Unit lists 110 hospitalizations today: 94 people in acute care, and 16 people in the ICU with confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Windsor Essex.
Long-term Care / Retirement Home Outbreaks
Change from yesterday in persons with confirmed cases (indicated in brackets).
- Chartwell Leamington (Leamington) has 2 resident cases and 1 staff case (+2 residents)
- Regency Park (Windsor) has 7 resident cases and 5 staff cases
- Chartwell Royal Marquis (Windsor) has 1 resident case and 1 staff cases
- Harrow Woods Retirement Home (Harrow) has 6 resident cases and 2 staff cases
- Seasons Retirement Home (Amherstburg) has 0 resident cases and 3 staff cases
- Devonshire Retirement Residence (Windsor) has 37 resident cases and 6 staff cases (+6 residents)
- Chartwell Royal Oak Kingsville (Kingsville) has 0 resident cases and 2 staff cases
- Rosewood Erie Glen (Leamington) has 36 resident cases and 6 staff cases
- Leamington Mennonite Home (Leamington) has 1 resident case and 7 staff cases (+1 resident)
- Augustine Villas (Kingsville) has 65 resident cases and 17 staff cases (+5 residents, +1 staff)
- Sunrise Assisted Living of Windsor (Windsor) has 13 resident cases and 8 staff cases
- Huron Lodge (Windsor) has 46 resident cases and 26 staff cases
- Sun Parlour Home (Leamington) has 2 resident cases and 12 staff cases
- Banwell Gardens Care Centre (Windsor) has 115 resident cases and 62 staff cases
- The Shoreview at Riverside (Windsor) has 29 resident cases and 16 staff cases (+2 staff)
- Extendicare Tecumseh (Tecumseh) has 90 resident cases and 57 staff cases
- Berkshire Care Center (Windsor) has 99 resident cases and 61 staff cases (+1 resident)
- The Village at St. Clair (Windsor) has 163 resident cases and 133 staff cases (+1 staff)
- Village of Aspen Lake (Windsor) has 60 resident cases and 30 staff cases (+1 staff)
- 8 outbreaks at agri-farms in Leamington (1 more today)
- 5 outbreaks at agri-farms in Kingsville (1 more today)
- 3 outbreaks at health care and social assistance workplaces in Windsor (1 less today)
- 1 outbreak at a health care and social assistance workplace in Lakeshore
- 1 outbreak at a health care and social assistance workplace in Kingsville
- 1 outbreak at a manufacturing workplace in Windsor
- 1 outbreak at a retail trade workplace in Lakeshore
- 1 outbreak at a retail trade workplace in Essex
- 1 outbreak at a retail trade workplace in Windsor (new today)
- 1 outbreak at a transportation and warehousing workplace in Windsor
- No current school outbreaks.
- Assisted Living Southwestern Ontario (Sandwich location)
- Assisted Living Southwestern Ontario (Longfellow location)
- Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare – 2S (new today)
- Windsor Regional Hospital – Met Campus – 6N
- Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare – 3N
- Windsor Regional Hospital – Met Campus – 4N
- Windsor Regional Hospital – Ouellette Campus – 6E
- Windsor Regional Hospital – Ouellette Campus – 4M
Note: windsoriteDOTca News makes every effort to track the changes in COVID-19 data each day. These numbers are subject to change as the Health Unit makes changes to their numbers throughout each day, and errors and omissions sometimes occur with their data. The Health Unit has also stated that case and contact management is delayed due to the recent surge in cases and that may affect some of the data. Please see this page for the latest, most up to date data throughout each day.
Today’s Video Update
Watch today’s Health Unit video update including the weekly epidemiological summary.